Sunday, November 21, 2010

Robert John Bardo Murder

I was interested in the murders that were associated with The Catcher in The Rye, and I looked up each of them. I figured people would  write about John Lennon, so I the killer who was next most influenced by the book, to me, seemed to be Robert John Bardo. He was an obsessed fan and a stalker of an American actress named Rebecca Schaeffer. He found out much about her and visited her at home saying he was a big fan. She asked him to leave and he returned with a gun and killed her. He was seen being influenced by the book, since he carried it around with him at the time of the murder, which is not unlike Mark David Chapman (who killed John Lennon). He was later caught and sentenced for 82 years to life imprisonment. The murders that were seemingly influenced by this book makes it all the more interesting to read.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting-- I haven't even heard of this guy. Thanks for the research, Steven.

    ReplyDelete


  2. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next..
    hot pics gallery

    ReplyDelete